In order to be effective for my constituents, I believe how I do this work is as important as what I do. Good governance requires:
- Leading with the community, being present and transparent, staying informed about the issues, and effectively communicating my work to constituents.
- Engaging with our diverse and vibrant community to not only understand what is needed, but how we can work and advocate together.
- Applying equity impact assessments to our policies, programs and practices to determine whether there is a disparate impact on disenfranchised and marginalized communities, particularly amongst our students of color, immigrant, indigenous and LGBTQ students.
- Advocate to stop unfunded mandates from the legislature.
- Staying open and transparent about my policy stances. That’s why I’m sharing questionnaires that I’ve completed thus far. Check back for more as the campaign continues. I am also sharing my speech and letter to delegates from the Minneapolis City DFL Convention.
QUESTIONNAIRES, BIOS, RESUME, SPEECHES